AIM OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme is aimed at developing cognitive abilities and skills relating to intellectual tasks including problem solving in mathematics.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To achieve this aim, emphasis will be placed on the following objectives:
- Develop in students’ enthusiasm for mathematics and appreciation of its applications in different areas of our national manpower needs.
- Produce graduates who can handle mathematics in science, engineering, business and related disciplines involving mathematics.
- Prepare students for graduate studies in specialized areas of mathematics or multi-disciplinary areas involving mathematics.
- Develop in students the ability to apply their knowledge of mathematics and skills to the solution of theoretical and practical problems in real-life situations.
- Provide service courses in mathematics for students in other disciplines requiring a working knowledge of mathematics.